Competition Music!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm rather surprised that I'm actually doing this!


Salutations internet readers!

I am rather amazed that I have managed to keep up my blog for three consecutive days! I usually am not nearly this good at maintaning a blog. I had one at another site at an earlier stage and I ended up updating the thing on a monthly basis...for three months. It was rather a dismal performance.

So anyway, I have managed to get my computer set up with all the correct proxy settings so that I can now use the Wits University network. This is great because we have a computer room that is available to all of the honours and masters students but then you have to fight for a computer at times and it gets a bit annoying. Also, by using my laptop I can listen to all my music and stuff as I work and don't have to worry about anyone else!

So what's been happening...Well, to begin with, last night I played 'Icewind Dale 2' online with my cousin. It was realy cool. Mostly because I downloaded 'Roger Wilco' and so the whole time while we played, we were able to chat to each other. I realise that this is most probably old news to most of you but being an internet gaming virgin I was quite impressed.

Today I got up at the crack of dawn to take my sisters to school again. It turns out that my grandfather has a problem with one of the muscles in one of his eyes which has made his vision rather untrustworthy. As a result I am forced to act as driver for my sisters. It is not too bad but it's just really annoying when you have to get up 7:00 am when you only would have to be up at 9:00 am otherwise. I am one of those people that value their sleep greatly! I can sleep for 14 hours straight without any hastles!

So I got home after taking them off to school and went back to bed for half an hour. It usually takes approximately 30 - 45 minutes to get them to school and then another 15 to drive back home. So I got in at about 8:00 am.

I was supposed to get into varsity at about 9:30 am to help a friend move some stuff around for their experiment but I was so tired that I just told them I would be late and arrived there at around 10:30 am,by which stage it had all been done already. Feel kind of bad about that...

I had an SRC meeting this morning but none of the people showed up. For those who have no clue what I'm on about the SRC (Student Representative Council) basically runs the students side of the university. I'm on one of the sub-commitees. It is as a favour to a friend but I'll ramble on about that some other time.

I'm now at university and have spent the day doing various different admin jobs and have pretty much finished up for the day. I think that I'll go home soon. I'm due to go to the movies with some friends this evening so I figure that I might as well leave now and just chill at home.

Well, I'm off. Love yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment