Competition Music!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Woo-HOO!

I recieved my confirmation email for my acceptance to attend the conference in France later this year! I'm so excited! It's a conference on animal behaviour in Rennes, France, which I applied to attend with a poster presentation on the work that I've done with the chimpanzees here in Johannesburg. It'll be my first ever conference where I am presenting something, my first trip to France AND the first time I've ever used a credit-card! I'm SO psyched!

In addition to this, I'm super-excited because it'll give me a chance to visit some amazing places and see some friends who I've not seen in a long time! Laura and Tomkins...watch out!

That's about all I have to say for the moment. My brain has breathed its last for today and so I'm going to head home shortly...

...excuse the pun.

P.S. I had to help two of my 3rd year student groups with the statistics on their projects that they have been doing at the zoo over the last few months and for the first time in my life, I think I actually kinda knew what it was that I was doing! It's a fantastic feeling when you finally grasp stats! Any sane person who has ever done them will be able to understand...

4 comments:

  1. when is your conferencio?
    i am back in jobeg on 21 July
    YAY for getting in!!! :) hope this is the start of a career in Professional Conference Going. Such a lucrative career, really!
    (no, but seriously, i'm sure you'll impress the pants off them! do joburg proud!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Congratulations! That's so awesome!

    And yes, I can say from much experience, that understanding stats and being able to explain it is a rather lovely feeling (although the novelty is starting to wear off after 3 months of stats tutoring)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!! Congratulations Luke - this is seriously SUPER-AWESOME news :)

    PS: I promise to be very nice to Neville ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY FRANCE!!!!!!

    tres bien, mon amie! tu est magnifique!

    bon chance!

    ReplyDelete