Competition Music!

Friday, February 23, 2007

It is a DANCE club after all...

Hello!



This week has been moderately more exciting than the last ones. I've certainly managed to get a lot more done than in the past which is always a good thing.



Firstly, I finished off the paper review that I was working with my supervisor on. The paper itself was shocking! It was so badly done! I suggested that the paper be outright rejected for publication.



I also tallied up all the hours of data that I have collected thus far for my project and to my joy realised that I only have something like 4 hours left to collect before I am done with all my baseline data collection! That means that I am practically half-way through the first phase of my project! Yay! There are two problems that stem from this whoever. Firstly, two of those hours need to be from one of the chimps that has been kept separate from the rest of the group as they are trying to introduce her to Josh (see this post for info), her son. Thus, I can't do observations because I need her to be part of the group. The second problem is that I now have to seriously think about the enrichment (basically a chimpanzee toy) that I want to put in for them..



On Thursday night, I got to see some of our old friend from the honours group. Most are now working for the NICD (national health lab - don't ask me what NICD actually stands for) and so we never get to see them. But we all got together and had dinner at a place that we used to frequent when Eebee (We miss you Eebs!) was still around. It was really great!



Then, last night, after one of the most busy days I've had in a long time, I went out clubbing with Duncan and David. We went to a club called 'Sutra'. It's where H2O is held, the rave that I went to for new years. It's a dance club but when we arrived, nobody was actually dancing! It was so irritating! Eventually, people started to move onto the floor but shortly thereafter, the DJ started playing such crappy music! It was unbelievable!



That is all that I can remember that I had to tell the world. Hope you all are doing brilliantly!



Here is a photo from H2O:



Oooo! I nearly forgot!

Random Fact For The Day:

Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine

3 comments:

  1. luke! ;) we had fun at the indian place, we must go again. i especially liked meeting the member of my family that i did not know existed

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always exciting when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. H2O looks rather interesting...perhaps i SHOULD try it out one day. Bet you get a great view of all the aeroplanes landing? hehe

    ReplyDelete