Competition Music!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I guess you can't really have your cake and eat it...or at least, not all of it.


Hello to those foolish few that continue to read my somewhat unreliable blog. I can't actually remember when my last update was. I blame that entirely on my hopeless memory and the really stressful and crappy time I've been having so far. You know whwn you reach that point when life is just not really fun anymore? Sure it has its occasional percs but they are few and far between. That point when the highlight of your day was eating something and realising that it doesn't taste as crap as you remember it to...

I have been sleeping really badly since that field trip with the second years and so I am REALLY tired at the moment! I had to be in at Wits today at 8:00 am which was a mission in itself and then had to TA for some lecture material that I have never done in my life! I actually had to ask one of my students what was going on because I had absolutely no clue! As the day progressed, it went from bad to worse. I, as it turns out, had completely forgotten Helen's birthday on Sunday! I apparently sms'ed her at 02:00 an the morning to wish her a happy easter and forgot it was her birthday! Then, when she sent me a message later that day saying that she had recieved a coffee maker for her desk at Wits, I didn't put two and two together and think, 'Well, she recieved a coffee machine for her birthday...that must mean it is her birthday'. Sometimes I worry about myself...

Well, as those of you who are faithful readers will remember, I was in a smash-and-grab on Friday evening. I haven't really been all that affected by it which I find rather odd. I'm generally one of those people who tends to be embarrassingly over sensative and end up upset about stupid little things. Thus, the fact that I have yet to have an emotional breakdown about the whole thing amazes me somewhat...On the other hand, I was held up outside a friends house by three guys with guns in search of wallets and cell phones about four years ago. I have yet to shed a tear over that incident, so I guess that means that I probably won't be all that phased by this relatively minor event.

Anyway, the reason that I bring this up is that I had a meeting with my supivisor today, Neville. I made yesterday worse by completely forgetting to attend a meeting that I requested with Neville yesterday morning! I was SO embarrassed! He mentioned it at the beginning of the Animal Behaviour lecture yesterday and I felt terrible throughout the entire lecture! So I went to see him today to explain about how everything was just not working for me at the moment and that I was REALLY, REALLY sorry! He was just amazed that I was in such a sane state considering the Friday thing...He even gave me a bit of slack about reading one of the textbooks for my project! This book is apparently so boring that even he, the great Neville Pillay, refuses to read it!

And in other news, I was shown the blog of a friend of mine today. His name is Tom. I don't get to see him very often but after reading his blog, I really wish that I did! He is so funny! He is generally very shy around me and so seldom makes jokes. What a pity. He is really funny in all his writing and I just wish that he would show his clever wit more openly...

Anyway, I'm currently house-sitting for my uncle and aunt. I really love to do it because I get to live on my own. The sense of independence is something that I think is unmatched by anything I've experienced so far! I love it! Anyway, I mentioned this because I have to go off and feed all the animals. So I'm signing off and heading 'home'. Cheerio all!

Remember to live one day at a time. Tomorrow will have it's own problems so don't worry about the future, because it'll happen anyway, no matter how much planning you do...

No comments:

Post a Comment